Featured Post

Why England?

This post talks about some of the reasons why we have a heart for England. Take a look before you continue on to the rest of the blog.   ...

Monday, April 2, 2018

Pre field training


 Hello everyone!

     I hope you all had a blessed Easter. Ours was different as it was (the first of many) not spent at home with our family.  Instead we spent it in North Carolina as we complete our required pre-field training. However we did get to host a wonderful night with the other missionaries here on campus. We all got together and had a potluck Easter dinner... it was such a great time of fellowship, and even though we are all new friends, our hearts bind us. While I missed my family and our traditions, it was wonderful to have this time with these amazing people. Instead of longing for home it made me long for our future holidays - where we can minister to the young adults and families in England who might not have the option of a healthy, happy, family holiday.

 Let me start by saying a big thank you for all of your support and prayers during this time. We were blessed to be able to attend the training slightly earlier than we were supposed to. Our organization generally requires missionaries to be over 70% when attending. However the next 3 dates are all either weeks before or after our due date.. I couldn't imagine taking these classes while dealing with a newborn. Thank you for your prayers while we are attending. I have been dealing with sickness (just sinus and coughs) but they have taken their toll on my already tired body. This has made it harder for me to sleep through the night, which means poor Eric isn't sleeping through the night either.  Please pray for health, rest, and stamina.

We are currently half way through our time here in North Carolina. I am so happy that our organization required this of us. While the days seems long, with a full class schedule before and after lunch, it has all been great information.  Eric and I both feel we are becoming as prepared as possible for the field. We are enjoying the classes in contextualization, cultural communications, mind styles, the heart of the mission, culture shock, team building, how to strengthen marriage and children, and so many more topics.

It has been great to be part of the fellowship here on campus, as we are all in one apartment complex for the month. Being around so many other who understand the journey, struggle, and hope has been really encouraging.  We even met a couple on their way to Germany and another lady from GEM.

I need to get some homework done but I will check in again before we leave this little bubble of training.
 


The cafeteria on campus

Baby (Stephen) and I say 'Hi' on a break during morning class
Eric and I on Easter Sunday

No comments:

Post a Comment