Featured Post

Why England?

This post talks about some of the reasons why we have a heart for England. Take a look before you continue on to the rest of the blog.   ...

Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Day 6 - Warfare


Day 6 - Warfare

- Warfare for us;
Against attacks and discouragement
Against the enemy's plans to stop us or dismay us

- Warfare for England;
That chains and strongholds that are in place would fall.


_____________________________________________


Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.


Eph 6:11-13


Today I experienced an attack. I was expecting it all day.

In the morning as I was packing a tote in the living room a spider spun down from the ceiling right in front of me. I screamed. I felt scared and thrown... but it wasn't the attack.

In the afternoon I was pricing stuff for our moving sale. In the corner of the garage I moved a snowman and found a dead bird. I sreamed. I jumped. I ran away.... but it wasn't the attack.


I kept waiting for the big scary attack that would teach me what warfare was and how to fight it, to pray about it and so I could share with you guys.


Then I settled down for a little rest on the couch and I saw the empty spot where our chair sat, the one we just sold yesterday. Then a little thought came to me. It was quiet and simple and based on a fact.

-we are losing a lot of money by selling our stuff, stuff we could keep if we weren't doing missions-

Then that fact became "life would be better if you did what you planned" the idea wed have our good jobs, our good stuff, a happy family, and no crazy packing... if we did our plan.




There was the attack. In a quiet thought that started as fact but was changing into questioning God's plan.

That is what Satan does, he tries to make you wonder if God really knows best and if God really has best in store for you.




This is where the battle lies. Not in the spiders or dead birds, not in the action but in the quiet first moment of the thought. This is where we need to fight, at the start.




I could of let that thought grow and spent my day wallowing in self-pity believing that my plan would have been better than Gods. But by fighting we are able to stand up and say I know who my God is and what his word says. Those are the keys to winning the battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment